Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Summer Blues

Well, things have been pretty crazy around my place recently with school starting back up... But needless to say, I have not forgotten about The Trendy Trunk. As well, I have more ahhdorable projects to share...
My friend Christen asked me a long time ago to redo a lamp for her dorm room that would match everything else she already has. So I began to yard sale and found the cutest lamp ever! And after a bit of tlc and a couple dozen hot glue gun burns later, I have the almost finished product.

I have yet to add some burlap flowers with a button on the shade, but besides that, what do you think? I sprayed the brown paint. After I began working on the lampshade by gluing the turquoise fabric on and scrunching it up as I made my way around. Then, after that I added the ribbon and by the time i finished that the paint was dry. So, I pulled out the paint bucket and added the dots to tie in the two tones. I'm sure she'll love it!
My next project I finally finished I am going to have to give credit to Under the Table and Dreaming where I originally saw this post. I just love decorative balls and fell in love with how cute these were! So, I made my own...




Don't they all just look darling?
And, yes... you all guessed it. I made a rag wreath! there were just way too many posts about them and how cute they all were! I couldn't resist.




Now that I've posted all of my darling crafts, I have news to share! I have been asked to teach a crafting class through the art center here in town! I am so excited! And cannot wait to get started on all of the different projects! So, hopefully I should be able to come up with really crazy wonderful creations to share with all of you! Until next time...
xoxo Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment